Back End Engineer – SIPP
We are responsible for the design and implementation of the web application server. We create services to hundreds of millions of users and thousands of fellow Shopee colleagues. We expect huge user traffic and high system stress on a daily basis, and we constantly improve our service performance to cater to the ever-growing business of ours.
- Design and implement web backend services using Java, PHP, Go or Python + Django/Flask;
- Write high-quality, clean, maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns, etc.);
- Analyse requirements, design and develop features;
- Understand the product, constantly optimise the product, identify and fix problems, improve stability and user experience;
- Optimize application for maximum performance and scalability;
- Build reusable code and libraries;
- Collaborate with fellow developers, product managers, user experience designer, and operation engineers to develop payment processing for Shopee ID.
- Passionate about coding and programming, innovation, and solving challenging problems;
- Bachelor’s or higher degree Computer Science or related fields;
- Hands-on experiences in Web Service frameworks and technologies such as Django, Ruby On Rails, or Node.js;
- Familiar with HTTP protocol;
- Familiar with performance tuning of Web Server, massive concurrency handling, and caching mechanisms;
- In-depth understanding of data structures and other computer science fundamentals;
- Familiar with Linux development environments.
- Experience handling payment processing development for 2-4 years
Skills below are optional but preferable
Knowledge in web security
Shopee is the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia and Taiwan. It is a platform tailored for the region, providing customers with an easy, secure and fast online shopping experience through strong payment and logistical support.
Shopee aims to continually enhance its platform and become the region’s e-commerce destination of choice via ongoing product optimisation and localised user-centered strategies.
Shopee, a Sea company, was first launched in Singapore in 2015, and has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, Indonesia, Vietnam and the Philippines. Sea is a leader in digital entertainment, e-commerce and digital financial services across Greater Southeast Asia. Sea’s mission is to better the lives of consumers and small businesses with technology, and is listed on the NYSE under the symbol SE.
The Shopee team is rapidly expanding across the region and we are constantly on the lookout for talents who have the passion and drive to become part of a fast-moving and dynamic team. Do check out our career website http://careers.shopee.sg/ for our available positions!