The Area Finance Business Partner is a sparring partner and trusted business advisor to the Product Manager to achieve strategic growth objectives. This person will take an active role in performance management and in driving action plans for improving L&S (Logistics & Services) product performance across area geographic coverage. Based on standard MOS data, he/she will act as a facilitator to analyze and challenge performance, ensure shortfalls in performance and opportunities for high performance are uncovered and that robust benefit tracking is in place. He/She will also work closely with Region FBPs (Finance Business Partners) and colleagues from other Areas thereby ensuring that best practices are shared and applied in order to constantly raise the bar for value adding Finance Business Partnering and ensure decision making is based on robust data and is underpinned by logical assumptions.
This is an exciting career opportunity to work in a multinational, Global 500 company that makes global trade happen. You will be interacting daily with colleagues internationally, giving you the opportunity to develop your professional skills in a global environment. We provide support for you to shape your own career by achieving expertise and learning on the job.
- A position in a fast-moving and constantly developing cluster function with exposures to all functions within and across the Indonesia and Philippines area.
- Opportunity to sharpen analytical and partnering skills as well as problem solving techniques
- A challenging job with a steep learning curve in a truly international and diverse working environment
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Value and team based leadership
- An open and engaging company culture
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Based on standard performance cycle, deliver performance transparency utilizing the latest BI landscape, and Market intel sources
- Build forecast & scenario based simulations & business cases for decision making
- Weekly product performance reporting for area-wide broadcast
- Monthly Profit & Loss analysis for products managers
- Work closely with cost controllers and Business Controllers to deliver a monthly cost analysis for product managers
- Business case and Financial model building & sparring with product managers (e.g. discounted cash flow analysis; NPV, IRR etc)
- Run initiatives and projects together with the business; monitor the progress which leads back to performance transparency
- Contribution in Product FBP community in Asia Pacific Region for best practice sharing & capability development of the community
- Engagement in projects & other focal roles; e.g. Maersk Operating System focal for the Area accurately.
We are looking for
- A solid financial educational background as Chartered Accountant or equivalent Master’s degree in Business and/or Finance
- Financial acumen: Understanding & telling stories based on Profit & Loss, Building Business case & Financial/investment model for decision making
- Problem solving: Quickly capturing what business requires, providing relevant insights based on the best data available for decision making. Decomposing a complex problem into manageable pieces
- Stakeholder management: Engaging with senior leaders, managing expectations and speaking-up & influencing without authority
- Communication & presentation: Presenting in front of senior leaders & decision makers and getting your point come across in English
- Microsoft Office suites: Advanced PowerPoint & Excel
- Business acumen: Understanding of Logistics & Services business
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.