Department: Supply Chain & Logistics-Route
The Route Manager will be managing the day to day operation and performance of the routes. The person will work closely with Regional Route team on route project management, driver management, route design and management.
- Working with operation supervisors, team leaders and dispatchers to manage pickup routes that provide best productivity and economics that fit LEX operations.
- Monitor and follow up on daily performance of driver management and operation. Highlight and address issues related to below par performance, prepare and execute the corrective action plans.
- leading projects to install new route operations, execute planning, and implement management processes for effective route operations and management.
- integrating route operations into LEX sortation center models, hub network and fleet management for exceptional service, capacity management and target economics
- coaching and teaching the operation staff to achieve high levels of customer service, good economics and effective operations through best in practice of route design, route balancing and management.
- Hire, train and manage route supervisors for the effective oversight and management of routes on day to day basis.
- Work closely with Fleet Managers to ensure professional route driver management that represents LEX properly to merchants
- Align with PSC, MP Logistic and fleet management to improve the effective operations of merchants in their fulfilment responsibilities
- understanding how LEX move from where we are now to effectively integrated pickup into sortation center operations.
- collaborating with dedicated professionals across LEX operations in the areas of hub deployment, sortation center development, fleet management, RTM Team, DOP team and effective delivery that delights LEX customers
- Actively involved in continuous improvement to improve route performance from time to time
- Preparation and submission of reports and dashboards
- Periodically review and recommend for changes in Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) related to route.
In order to succeed in the role, you should ideally have:
- Strong written and oral communication skill in English
- Minimum 3 years managerial experience in express/transport operation for Route Manager position.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office, good analytical skill, able to translate the data into graphs / tables.
- Able to conduct presentation to Senior Management team
- Experience in handling a large team, good leadership skill and able to lead a team in accomplishing projects, achieving the performance target
- Hands-on experience in the design and development of pickup route operations
- Communication and coaching skills that bring people with you
- Designed and implemented processes in the area of route design and management
- Commitment to get projects done on time, in collaboration with other dedicated people.
- Team player, fast learner, assertive and proactive.