FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Communications Officer for a USAID Tuberculosis Private Sector Activity in Indonesia.
The USAID Tuberculosis Private Sector (TBPS) Activity is a five-year activity to be implemented in Indonesia from January 14, 2019 to January 13, 2024. To achieve this goal, USAID TBPS will support Indonesia’s journey to self-reliance in achieving TB elimination targets by improving TB diagnosis, treatment, and case notification in nine districts of eight provinces.
The USAID TBPS Activity, led by FHI 360, will also work with health system stakeholders to co-create scalable private sector engagement models for adaptation and replication in other districts, and to effect systemic scale up at the national level.
The communication and knowledge management team plays an important role as a driving force to promote as well as dissemination on the impact and the lesson learned of USAID TBPS properly.
- Support Communication Specialist and Knowledge Management in all aspects.
- Interview professionals and incorporate their views in social media
- Provides publicity and promotional support for special events and community outreach activities.
- Provide graphic design support to develop a variety of educational and informational. E.g. IEC materials
- (printed, audio visual, online) and other related media material, should always have branding according to
- donor requirements (size, proportion, placement and formats.
- Steadfast attention to detail, everything from PowerPoint slides to banners to fact sheets should be designed with a consistent look and proper brand.
- Oversees video and photography for communication need.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, photography and videography is a plus.
- Assists with all planned outings and events.
- Manage social media and website content uploads for USAID TBPS.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of principles, theories and methods of communications, public relations, and journalism.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Comprehensive knowledge of of best practices in communications.
- Working knowledge of company policies and procedures regarding , procurement, consultants, and contracts.
- Ability to work independently and manage processes and deadlines with limited supervision.
- Excellent at working in team settings.
- Possess good planning, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze information and exercise judgement when making decisions within the context of established policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in computer software applications e.g. MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS Outlook and MS-PowerPoint.
- Must be a self-starter with attention to detail.
- Familiarity in working with international organizations and USAID regulations.
- Knowing about procurement is handy but since this is communications position, shouldn’t we add “knowledge of best practices in communications” as well? This seems like the skill for admin position.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent in media, communication or other relevant discipline
3- 5 years of experience in communications area.
- Previous experience working on USAID funded project is a plus.
- Working knowledge of office software, including WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have excellent communication skills and good command in both written and spoken Bahasa Indonesian and English.
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different organizations and cultures.
- Possess high integrity and able to work well in a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel within country if needed.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.