Enterprise Principal Sol. Architect
Job ID: 1139555 | PT Amazon Web Services IDN
Have a strong understanding of large scale cloud computing solutions. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills and developing new ones, so that you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud. You regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises along with technical deep dive drive technical discussions to create world class systems for AWS.
The right individual will have experience in most of the following areas:
- Speaking and presentation skills – Presentations, white boarding, large and small group speaking (English) and C-Level engagements.
- Technical – Web services development/deployment experience, and IT systems and network engineering experience.
- Operations and Security – Website/web services as well as traditional IT operations, management, and security and compliance experience.
- Economic and business – RFP/Acquisition support; market analysis; cost benefit analysis, etc.
- Experience in engaging enterprise class environment and complex architecture designs.
- As a key member of the solution architecture team for enterprise, ensure the success of our enterprise customers in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- Partner with the account management team to identify, develop, and realize business opportunities
- Educate enterprise customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct technical workshops to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to become cloud advocates
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community and with our customers.
- Author and contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as white papers and blog articles
- Present at AWS and industry events
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
- Passionate builder with demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly!
- Bachelor degree in computer science, mathematics, computer engineering or electrical engineer or related discipline.
- 15+ years in customer-facing (design/implementation/consulting experience) with 10+ years hands-on, technical experience working with Applications and Infrastructure Architecture
- 5+ years in management of technical facing resource
- Demonstrable experience on containers technologies in the industry (Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Mesos, DC/OS), micro-services and DevOps practices
- Successfully implemented Infrastructure automation through CI/CD, DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, CloudFormation, Terraform, Docker).
- Practical experience with Database, administration, performance tuning and troubleshooting on one or more of following: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle.
- Worked in a customer facing (external or internal), consulting role or project organization delivering IT solutions
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual team,
- Proven experience in certain Industry vertical e.g. Finance, Energy, Telco, Retail, Manufacturing, Fintech, Gaming etc
- Presentation skills; high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Strong experience and track record in engaging Technical C-Levels
- Strong written communication and verbal skills; this role will require the creation of content such as whitepapers and other written deliverables
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organization.
- Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, MIS, engineering or related discipline.
- Experience with AWS services related to containers, particularly Amazon EMR, AWS Lambda, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2 Container Service, Green Grass etc.
- Experience working within the Enterprise software market or Internet industries is highly desired
- Hands on experience leading software development teams, building microservice architectures, such as projects in the software development or Internet industries
- Advanced knowledge of containers scheduling, service discovery and service mesh (Envoy), observability
- Working knowledge of software development practices and Internet-related technologies highly desired.
- AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional